First Official Ant-Man Trailer!

Marvel has released the official trailer for Ant-Man and it looks pretty entertaining. 



Now, there are some things that I am slightly disappointed in. First, Yellowjacket is going to be Darren Cross and not Hank Pym. In the comics, during the time that Pym is Yellowjacket, he goes through a lot of psychological problems and they actually make some very interesting stories. If they went with one of the stories from that time, I think it could definitely tie into the Civil War movie coming up. 

Another thing that I find disappointing is no Wasp. I could see them, in the end of the movie, turning Hope Van Dyne (Hank Pym's daughter) into the Wasp to assist Scott Lang's Ant-Man though. When comic book movies come out I always have to remind myself that it's not always going to be like the comic and get over my nit picking. 

There were a lot of awesome things I saw in the trailer though. The humor in this movie, from what I've seen so far, is absolutely perfect. We all loved Guardians of the Galaxy and a huge part of that was because it not only had great action scenes but also because it made us laugh constantly. I'm glad Marvel is taking note and sprinkling this in their movies when they can because it's working. The thing that really stood out for me in this trailer was the Thomas the Train scene. I love that, from their perspective, it's this epic battle with Thomas the Train coming to run over Yellowjacket and then we go to a regular, human sized perspective and it's an adorable collision with a couple of toys. I'm glad that they addressed this because some of the stuff, to the human eye, may not seem so epic but when it's going on in Ant-Man's perspective, it's life or death! So far, I believe this is going to be an enjoyable movie even if Marvel is completely skipping Hank Pym's painfully human story as Ant-Man.

Let me know down in the comments below how you feel about the new trailer and the Ant-Man movie overall!
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment